Continued from http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook32.blogspot.com/.

Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


Oriental Masks

Oriental Masks
Photo by Jefferson Solayao, 2016

Friday, June 16, 2017

A neighbor and I rescued an abandoned kitten today. I'd seen it mewling in the driveway the past two days and hoped that someone would like it enough to pick it up and keep it. Apparently no one did. According to L., who manages my nephew's tenement houses on the compound, it had a sibling who got run over by a car.

This afternoon my neighbor found the kitten covered with ants outside D.'s convenience store. He picked it up and brought it back into the compound. Someone had apparently stepped on its left hind leg because it was limping. It was a friendly kitten, I must say. Despite its weakness it tried to follow the children who were playing in the driveway. It was already too weak to mewl.

I brought out a dish of water mixed with washed sugar. My neighbor wiped the kitten clean and fed it. I was quite glad that he decided to keep it. I gave him a pink basket and lined it with paper, a dish, a dropper, and a can of milk. I hope the kitten grows up to be a happy, healthy cat in its new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment