Continued from http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook32.blogspot.com/.

Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


Oriental Masks

Oriental Masks
Photo by Jefferson Solayao, 2016

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Dramatized readings of plays by last year's workshop participants, Saturday, June 3, 2017

I rise at 8:00 AM.

A cup of Robert Timms coffee and a slice of rice cake.

Hotel breakfast. I sit with the caterer on the balcony again.

I use one of the hotel computers on the second floor briefly. I post guidelines and Message Angelique, Jerwin, and a few close friends. It is nice to know that everything is all right back home.

At the theatre I see De Jun, a workshop participant from three years ago, who is fulfilling his Army conscription, which will end November 2018. He was 16 when he joined that workshop; he is 19 now and taller than I am. We have lunch at the bak kut teh stand.

2:00 - 4:00 PM, Dramatized reading of Isaac's play.

5:00 - 7:00 PM, Dramatized reading of Mae Shen's play.

8:00 - 10:00 PM, Dramatized reading of Beverly's play.

It is a long day but Zi Yan managed to purchase the gold- and silver-backed mahjong sets for me in the morning, and I am happy and excited, like a little boy who just received his much-wanted toys.

I do a brief psychic reading of De Jun.

I am back in my hotel room by 11:00 PM.

I sleep 12:00 MN - 8:00 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment