Continued from http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook32.blogspot.com/.

Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


Oriental Masks

Oriental Masks
Photo by Jefferson Solayao, 2016

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Just hanging loose tomorrow, and maybe will have some of Teow Li's Cambodian, lemon-grass tea. After the workshop, the plane trip home, and tying up house admin matters, it will be my first day of rest, except that an antique dealer is coming to visit me in the afternoon and our family is having dinner out after Angelique's graduation.

Can't help wondering how my Muslim antique dealer is doing. He is--or was--based in Marawi City and is currently incommunicado. I look at all the stuff I bought from him--the Maranao likos, the trunks, the brass spittoons, the Holy Q'uran cradles, the malongs, the metal boxes, the side tables, the framed mirror, the Vietnam tray, the antique beads and jewelry, and other treasures--and wish that he and his community are safe. The last things I ordered from him were two, ten-foot, hand-carved, wooden battle drums to function either as room dividers or balcony corner accents, but I know that they won't come until after the real battle is over.

I might decide to sleep ten hours and then wake up in Cubao as though everything else were but a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment