Continued from http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook32.blogspot.com/.

Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


Oriental Masks

Oriental Masks
Photo by Jefferson Solayao, 2016

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Saw Eleanor's faux-gold-dust-backed mah jong set during a workshop exercise and thought I'd buy one too. Aside from using them like building blocks to delineate stage space for my plays, I use them in casting magical spells. (Our family's old mah jong set tiles are lavender-backed. I believe my eldest sister Lourdes bought the set some 40 years ago.) They can be used like Tarot cards as well.
I went over the edge and bought a faux-silver-dust-backed set too, because it was more sparkly.
Many thanks to Zi Yan, who volunteered to pick up the sets for me. Quite self-sacrificial of him because, like the shivalingam, the mah jong sets are VERY HEAVY.

No comments:

Post a Comment