Continued from http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook32.blogspot.com/.

Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


Oriental Masks

Oriental Masks
Photo by Jefferson Solayao, 2016

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Day 2, Writing from The Heart workshop, Tuesday, May 30, 2017.

Gloomy skies at 7:00 AM. A few minutes later, it rains.

A hotel fire drill is schedule at 3:00 PM, during which the elevators will be out of commission for half an hour. I have a dramaturgy meeting with Clara at the hotel, and so I will evade it.

A woman from PROC does my room. She doesn't like it when I am inside, and so I stay on the balcony outside the breakfast room on the second floor and and in the area outside Memo cafe, on the ground floor, until she is done. I finish up reading the rest of the plays for dramaturgy in my dossier.

A cup of Robert Timms coffee.

I leave the hotel 1:45 PM and walk to the theatre. I ask Zi Yan to photocopy handouts for this evening.

I sense that the participants have a harder time at the workshop. We do readings in a circle.

A Pink Dot function is ongoing on the ground floor. I am later told that it has been an upsetting evening for them. For some reason only Singaporean companies are allowed to sponsor them, and they may no longer accept financial support from non-Singaporean groups and individuals. All foreigners are also not allowed to attend Pink Dot functions.

Slept between 1:00 - 1:30 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment