Continued from http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook32.blogspot.com/.

Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


Oriental Masks

Oriental Masks
Photo by Jefferson Solayao, 2016

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Day 4, Writing from The Heart workshop, Thursday, June 1, 2017

Hotel breakfast. Sat with the caterer on the balcony again. A double espresso and cigarettes.

12:00 NN dramaturgy session with Pamela, who dipped out of work on her lunch break just to meet with me. Pamela's play won the grand prize in last year's 24-Hour Playwriting Competition. She is moving to Boston with her husband soon but, of course, we will keep in touch within the next year or two.

I always says "a year or two" to the workshop participants even if we actually remain in touch much longer, for the rest of our lives, forever.

Lunch with TT and Zi Yan in Little India. I accepted a dangerous invitation. When I use the rest room, which is way out in the back of the restaurant, I discover a long row of shops selling Indian stuff and I immediately want to spend my money on everything. I control myself.

Zi Yan takes me back to the hotel.

Later, on the way to the theatre to conduct the fourth workshop session, I discover a soda vending machine. The prices are lower than the usual, and so I buy two root beers for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment