Continued from http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook32.blogspot.com/.

Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


Oriental Masks

Oriental Masks
Photo by Jefferson Solayao, 2016

Friday, June 9, 2017

Singapore - Manila, Monday, June 5, 2017

A cup of Robert Timms coffee.

Sat on the balcony after breakfast. The caterer's Filipino waiter employee is at the omelette counter. Actually he looks Chinese; I have no idea that he is FIlipino. When I say, "Omelette, all in" he responds "All in po?" and I am perplexed. Only after he asks "Are you a Filipino?" do I realize what he means. He worked at UAE before coming to Singapore; he likes it in Singapore better because, he says, the pay is higher.

A blackbird goes for the cheese on one of the buffet tables.

Zi Yan picks me up 11:15 M. We check out from the hotel and take a taxi to the airport. We see a flyer seat sample on the way. I do some souvenir shopping for my sister Alice, Angelique, Aubrey, and J. I see a lot of Korean jade jewelry and remember that I have a pendant like that at home.

I drink a root beer and some water before checking into the departure room.

On the plane I watch parts of _The Great Wall_ (nothing but a video game), an Indian movie titled _Budhia Singh_ (an Indian _Karate Kid_?), and another Indian film titled _Akira_ (interesting treatment).

Since there was a slight delay in boarding, we are due to arrive in Manila 5:40 PM.

I take an airport taxi and arrive home 9:00 PM. The granddaughters and Cerefina meet me at the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment