Continued from http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook32.blogspot.com/.

Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


Oriental Masks

Oriental Masks
Photo by Jefferson Solayao, 2016

Monday, July 10, 2017

Finished watching Seven Dials Mystery, a novel written after The Secret of Chimneys, both featuring Lady Bundle as an amateur detective. This production features Sir John Gielgud in one of the roles. The DVD version is slightly discombobulating to me because, like The Secret of Chimneys, some scenes were re-set in different locations and compressed to fit into a two-hour show. The DVD version of The Secret of Chimneys, moreover, was drastically rewritten to include Miss Marple as the star sleuth. Again, Inspector Battle does not look like what I imagined him to be while I was I reading both novels.  As if that were not enough, James Warwick plays an offbeat role here, and I watched this after watching the Partners in Crime series, in which he plays the detective Tommy.

Set in the country, with a lot of French country decor.

I was riveted to it anyway, not because I am biased toward DVDs of Agatha Christie novels but because it was a good production.

One more for our Agatha Christie DVD shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment